Welcome to my perimenopause / menopause information headquarters 🙂 Hi I am Annie and I hope you can join me on this journey through hot flashes and hormonal everything. I live on the Atlantic ocean and have 4 cats and a parrot who think of me as Mom. I love makeup although I don’t know how to use it. I can recognize style although comfort tends to win with me AND although I am proud I can change a tire, I would love to be more “girly”. I like to work in animal rescue and I have a degree in Human Science that keeps me very interested in all areas of interpersonal development and communication. I am nearing 50 and just recently began the journey into “The change of life” *insert ominous music here*. It’s important to state that I am not a Doctor or an expert on anything concerning perimenopause or menopause. In fact, I am learning everything I can about this subject along with you. To be honest, I just want to be the best I can be at midlife and to feel good doing it.
Finding myself not able to sleep at night, gaining weight without overeating, feeling at times that I am going to burst into flames, being irritable, depressed, mentally foggy, anxious and not to mention growing whiskers faster than my cat, has lead me here, to the internet, to make my menopause transition as easy as possible and hopefully yours too.
A few things I have learned so far:
- You are NOT crazy, even though you will have moments you are sure you are!
- What works for me may not work for you but if it does tell every girlfriend you have.
- Misery loves company AND Knowledge is power!
- Menopause and perimenopause help is out there – mainly researched and published by other Women just like you and me.
- Perimenopause is the time before your last period and menopause refers to the time, “after your last period EVER”. Because many symptoms apply to both, for example, hot flashes are experienced by women who are in either perimenopause or menopause, I will probably use the word “menopause” a lot instead of trying to use both in a sentence.
- This subject is a MAJOR adjustment in life for many, many women and their families and needs to be discussed more!
- We can take control of this life change by making our own positive changes, like trying a new beauty product or learning techniques for reducing stress. This website will cover many feel good topics geared towards midlife women.
- I am not alone and neither are you 🙂
- Please note I am not a Doctor or a medical professional. Always consult with a Dr. first with any problem you might be having.
If you would like something researched specifically about this subject or have a story to share, please contact me at email@example.com and remember to leave a comment … your comments make me not feel alone 🙂
Also if you like,I have a facebook page called Midlife Ladies … just click the link / name and join our new menopositive movement.
And, if you want to read posts on a specific subject – check the tags on the right side and click one that is appropriate.
Take care Sister,